Three Types of Bongs You Need to Have
Bongs have been popular among stoners and tokers for several decades. They are filtering devices that are commonly used to smoke marijuana, tobacco, or other herbal drugs. The substance is lit, and the smoke is pulled through water filled in a bowl. These devices are trendy among smokers because of the simple but efficient technique of filtering smoke using water and the instant gratification they get when using them.
How to Use a Bong
- A tube, base, down stem, carb, and bowl make up a bong. The following are instructions on how it is used.
- Fill the mouthpiece with water until the waterline rises over the stem's base.
- Place your herb in the bowl.
- Put your mouth into the mouthpiece and light up the substance.
- Pull out the bowl or remove your finger off the carb as the chamber starts to fill with smoke and aggressively inhale the smoke into your lungs. Clean smoke travels through the water as bubbles, cleaning off tar and ash while cooling the smoke.
Reasons to Own a Bong
- They are stylish. A bong can express one's personality because it is not just a way to smoke. It can also serve as a decorative accessory in your house.
- They reduce messes made while smoking. Unlike joints that leave behind a mess of dirty ashtrays and half-smoked joints, bongs have everything contained in a singular unit.
- They help in controlling your dosing. You'll be able to see exactly how much cannabis you are consuming, and you'll be able to fill your bowl-piece to the same level each time you smoke.
- They create a smoother hit. The water filters and cools the smoke leading one to acquire a quick high.
- Straight Tube.
They use a down stem that should be immersed in water to filter smoke. Pieces in this design are simple to maintain and have a timeless appearance. Straight tube bongs also clear faster than other types, resulting in bigger hits.
- Zig Zag
Zig-zag forms are visually appealing, and they also function as a splash guard, preventing water from rising from the water chamber and into your mouth.
Today, beaker bongs are quite popular. Because of their heavy bottom section, they can serve as amazing transformations of everyday pieces. For instance, the broad base is ideal for a coffee table in your smoking area, and it won't tip over easily.
They are quite effective in filtering smoke. Many slits are present in the percolators, which disperse the smoke as it travels through the device. The percolators also serve as the piece's main point. Because most of them are made of scientific glass, you can observe how the smoke builds up to the point of inhaling it.
Types of Bongs Every Smoker Needs
Glass smoking devices are really popular since they not only look great, but they can make your hits feel smother. They are also available in many shapes and sizes. Glass Bongs often come with added features like percolators, ice catchers, and diffused down stems to make your hits even better. Glass bong designs include beaker-shaped, straight tubes and the Swiss Honeycomb.
When it comes to glass bongs, it's also vital to keep them clean. Residue and bacteria may quickly develop on glass, so you'll need to disinfect your bong using rubbing alcohol or specialist cleaners. Cleaning a glass bong is pretty simple and shouldn't be hard to do.
The main advantage of acrylic bongs is durability. The durability aspect becomes very useful for the smoker if they take a harsh hit that causes them to break out into coughs that may lead them to drop the bong, or they might drop it while passing it around at a party. They come in different shapes and sizes and are lightweight, so they're simple to carry around.
The acrylic-made devices are among the cheapest you could find in a smoke shop which is one of the reasons they are popular. The big drawback with the acrylic bong is it has a bad taste compared to others. When heated frequently without cleaning regularly, the plastic might emit strange odors, affecting the smell and taste of the smoke.
Silicone is a silicon-oxygen-based manufactured polymer. It has a very high melting point; thus, it can endure very high temperatures and heat without deforming, melting, or emitting hazardous gases. Silicone smoking devices have a lot of advantages, including their ease to clean, durability, flexibility, and the fact that they are environmentally friendly.
All silicone bongs sold in smoke shops are made from BPA-free, medical and food-grade silicone. They are made up of a few removable parts. Hence, easy to clean, and what's more, they are dishwasher safe. The devices are also available in many colors.